GWENNA VIVIANNE FORTIER

MEMBERGROUP
Human
OCCUPATION
Reconnaissance team
FACE CLAIM
Elyse Levesque
TRAITS
Quietly social. Somewhat solitary. Occasionally single-minded. Romantically awkward. Hard-working. Intelligent. Sweet. Friendly. Sometimes in-eloquent.
• Gwenna grew up the only child of Marcus Fortier and his wife Alanna. Except for a short four-year stint in the United States for her mother's job with the Canadian Embassy, Gwenna grew up in Maple Hollow and for years remained completely oblivious to the powers of those around her. Like the rest of her peers, she went off to school, made friends, talked with her family, had extracurriculars (hers in the form of the school's literary magazine), and assorted hobbies.

• When some of her friends started going off to the "gifted kids" school - around the time they were all thirteen and fourteen - Gwenna's life changed, and not just because her friends were leaving. No. What surprised her were her friends' abilities and, what's more, that there was such variety among them!

• Her first encounter with her friends' powers happened in June 1998. She played next door with a neighbor girl a year her senior, and the girl's younger brother began whining and complaining about being left out. Their game already established, she told him to wait until next time, that they couldn't stop now. As you might expect, his complaining only picked up, and soon a heated argument between the siblings left Gwenna standing to the side awkwardly. And that's when it happened. Her friend curled her fists up into tight balls and, in a furious huff, thrust them both towards the ground. Shock strangled the scream in Gwenna's throat as the grass on either side of her friend burst into flames.

• A similar experience happened with a classmate and thunder, but nothing as dangerous occurred then - only rumble from seemingly nowhere. It was all silently downhill from there for Gwenna. Torn between everything she had known and everything she now knew, she struggled internally for months to comprehend it all, but she never once told anyone else about her friends.

• Life settled down for Gwenna after that year, and she went on to college and studied journalism and international relations. She couldn't decide whether to follow in her mother's footsteps and participate in the government or to follow her father into writing, only into journalism instead of novels. So she double-majored to cover her bases.

• After university, she took an internship with the government, and that flowed right into a low-level job. Gwenna always said she'd test out the waters of government work and had no intentions of forging a career out of it right from the start. She always wanted to try out journalism next, but time slipped by her and circumstances led her from the internship to a paying job, and things went from there.

• Three years ago, that silence Gwenna held about the elementals in her town finally caved. When she heard mention of Operation Alchemy, or simply "Alchemy", the story of her childhood experiences slipped out to a superior. In a whirlwind of confirmations and questions, Gwenna found herself swept directly out of her modest job and into the Reconnaissance division of the operation, and she has worked for them ever since. Now she lives in Maple Hollow and works as a journalist as her cover.

FRIENDS

Gwenna spent most of her life keeping to herself. She made friends at school, of course, and with them she was less quiet and awkward and more open and relaxed. Around others, though, she wasn't he most eloquent and appeared a little strange for it. A girl who generally remained quiet, and then when she finally spoke to you, couldn't get her thoughts out? Straaange. Because of this, she often kept to her little group and focused on her studies and hobbies.

Only when she graduated and began work did Gwenna earnestly begin to work on her solitary habits. As part of her lowly job in the government ranks, she had to interact with new people on a frequent basis, and stumbling out whatever she needed to say wouldn't cut it. Whether it was a lack of courage on her part or simply not enough practice in conversations with strangers, Gwenna tried her best to overcome her bad habit.

Her efforts succeeded, and now she can speak her mind easily and is much more personable in one-on-one situations. People tend to find her sweet and charming in a down-to-earth, girl-next-door way, even on the rarer occasions where she trips up her words like before (usually when she gets flustered). Gwenna holds many acquaintances because of her job, but though her friend group has widened some, it still only holds a few handfuls of people.

ENEMIES

Gwenna doesn't have enemies per say. She may have bugged some people during school with her solitary, in-eloquent ways, and she may rub some people wrong nowadays, but it's never on purpose.

ROMANCE

She's never viewed herself as being very good at this. She's terrible at flirting. She never knows what to say and ends up rambling, stumbling over phrases, and restarting sentences to salvage her attempts. Ultimately she makes a fool of herself. In the same vein, Gwenna can't pick up on flirting to save her life, but if she somehow detects it or it's pointed out to her, she quickly becomes flustered and embarrassed at being so clueless. Really, a woman in her thirties should know better by now.

People always assume she's a great flirt, a witty bantress when it comes to romantic encounters. They picture her hand professionally masking a lilting laugh, her eyes casting a certain hinting glance, and her words teasing her suitors, enticing them forward. Those people couldn't be more wrong. As such, what might have been a successful asking out can quickly turn a guy off to her. That plus her lack of thoughts towards romance in general - (she likes and wants it but day-to-day her mind focuses on other things, so she forgets romance even exists sometimes) - means she has only ever dated a few times and had one serious relationship to date.

Brock
GMT+9 • SHE/HER
PM
^
NEBULA ABIGAIL WARD
 Posted: Apr 1 2015, 09:57 AM

earth
cyber security
single

NEBULA & GWENNA okay, so this is nebula! she's spunky and full of fancy, and i can see her and gwenna being really great friends if we can find a way to get them to meet and get along that isn't dependent on the academy and junk! nebula would greatly understand gwenna's penchant for being alone/solitary because nebula is like that, also, at times, and would definitely respect gwenna's wishes, but also make it known that like...gwenna doesn't have to be alone if she doesn't ever want to be, you know? and i think they could probably/possibly bond over that, and i think they'd be able to get along great! ...if only i could think of a way that they could have met. XD;; anyway, lemme know if this is something worth exploring and maybe we can work on that part later!
PM
^
GWENNA VIVIANNE FORTIER
 Posted: Apr 3 2015, 02:03 AM

Human
Reconnaissance
Single

GWENNA & NEBULA
First of all, Gwenna and I love her name, especially after hearing where it came from.

She sounds like a whirlwind, but a fun one. Gwenna is definitely jealous of how much traveling Nebula has done and would love to sit down and let her talk for hours on end about it (perhaps while Gwenna took notes. ... Now Gwenna wants to write Nebula's memoirs or something. Haha!)

Now all we need to do is figure out how they could meet. Gwenna isn't very technological and so would only deal with the subject if it came up for a piece she was working on. .... And now Gwenna wants to dedicate part of her journalist time to managing a travel-themed portion of a newspaper or magazine. She needs to stop giving me tangential ideas.

PM
^
GRACE JANE THORNBERRY
 Posted: Apr 13 2015, 02:30 AM

HUMAN
RESEARCH|DEVELOPMENT
SINGLE

GWENNA & GRACE so, other that these two being around the same age and they probably would have met through their work at some point. they seem as if they would mix together very well, which it always a plus. she acts like a mother all of the time, so it can get a little annoying but her little one is always around her so it can be justified, it just means that she will know when something is up and she will just make you some hot chocolate ask what is up! would love to see these two become really good friends! x

PMEmail
^
JAMES RYAN DUPONT
 Posted: Apr 13 2015, 08:28 PM

Human
Marine
Single

GWENNA & JAMES here is our thread! link. Sorry it took me so long. it's also ridiculously short. sorry. I'll get my ass in gear, I promise. James was just not willing to come out.

PM
^
GWENNA VIVIANNE FORTIER
 Posted: Apr 15 2015, 02:06 AM

Human
Reconnaissance
Single

GWENNA & GRACE
Yeah, I'm willing to throw these two together - for work or otherwise. You're right. I think they'd get along well, and they do sem to have similar personalities. I see that Grace is a "by the book" person, and Gwenna tends to be in many situations, both because of nerves and because she's never liked disappointing people. (That said, in some cases straying from the book isn't a huge problem, but that's very situation-dependent.) Gwenna would probably like Grace's son, too, just to share that. He may also make her ask herself what she's going to do in that area of her life, but that's for another time. How shall we thread them?

GWENNA & JAMES
No worries. I'm never in much of a rush. I'm so excited for the awkwardness!
PM
^
GRACE JANE THORNBERRY
 Posted: Apr 16 2015, 02:56 AM

HUMAN
RESEARCH|DEVELOPMENT
SINGLE

GWENNA & GRACE woah awesome! yay, it just menns that he is going to be all cute and shit around her, which could always be a plus. For threads, if figured we could either do a work related one (though i'm not currently quite sure how we would do that one), or a friend type one? could be just hanging out and catching up or something could have happened. i am really happy to do anything with these too.
PMEmail
^
GWENNA VIVIANNE FORTIER
 Posted: May 8 2015, 08:54 AM

Human
Reconnaissance
Single

GWENNA & GRACE
We could figure something out, perhaps, if you really wanted a work one. Otherwise, hanging out and catching up works well, too.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

affiliates

SKINNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR CTTC BY TAYLOR & STARK