COLOURFUL

CHAT WITH US!
WEATHER

SETTING
BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA

FORECAST
WARM & SUNNY

STAFF

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

it's not that special;, tag: filip<3
PHOENIX JACOB TURNER
 Posted: Mar 22 2015, 03:01 PM

fire
tattoo artist
single

YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND
tag filip ♥
angsty brotp babies :c
He shoved his hands as deep into the tight pockets of his jeans as he could manage. His shoulders were hunched forward, the toe of his worn out sneaker tracing an absent pattern onto the floor of the bus terminal. Most kids were excited when they got to ship off to the academy for the first time. At least that’s what it seemed like. He could see a few of them from school, milling about with their bags, talking animatedly, grinning at each other. Phoenix just kind of felt like shit.

Filip was standing next to him, just as awkward and gangly as Phoenix himself. But he didn’t have bags packed, and he wasn’t grinning like the rest of the kids saying goodbye to their parents and siblings and friends. Filip wasn’t going anywhere today, except back home after the bus left. He didn’t have any powers.Yet. Phoenix kept reminding himself, reassuring Filip. There were late bloomers. They happened all the time. And if anyone were a candidate for such a thing, the fumbling, awkward teenage boy was definitely one of them. Give it a few months, a year. Things would eventually pan out. He’d get to join his best friend at the academy and he’d feel silly for ever being upset in the first place.

The other boy had a brave face on for him. He was trying to keep up some sort of charade like he wasn’t upset, but Phoenix could see right through him. Filip was his best friend. The only person that seemed to really give a shit about him in the long run. After all, he was the only one who’d shown up to see him off today, despite the fact that it was probably three different shades of upsetting just standing with him. Phoenix bumped their shoulders together and offered up a half smile. ”This is gonna be a fuckin’ shit show without you.”

PM
^
FILIP STANIMIR DIMITROV
 Posted: Mar 24 2015, 11:48 AM

HUMAN
CASHIER / SALESPERSON
IN A RELATIONSHIP

Filip shoved his hands in his jacket pockets. It was fucking frigid out, and he'd left his gloves at home like the idiot that he was. January was the fucking worst time of year, always fucking cold and snowy; even now there were big, fat snowflakes falling from the sky. But the weather wasn't the reason for the frown Filip was suppressing (not that he would ever admit it — he wasn't upset, alright?). If he were upset, it would have nothing to do with the weather, and everything to do with the fact that his best friend was shipping off to stupid elemental school... shipping off without him.

He had always taken it for a given that his powers would come in by around thirteen, considering that this was when his brother's had. (Of course they had; his brother was always precise like that, always perfect.) But they hadn't, and Filip was more than a little bummed at the fact that he wouldn't be going to the Academy straight away like everyone else. Sure, there were late bloomers all the time, but he wasn't supposed to be one of them. And then Nix had turned out to be an elemental, too — Fire. And while Filip may not have been able to actually resent his best friend specifically for this, it was just another extra blow once they'd realized what it meant. Nix was leaving to go to that stupid school in the middle of nowhere. Filip was staying behind.

He avoided his best friend's gaze for now, instead watching some girl happily saying goodbye to her family a little ways away. He didn't mean to leer, but it was probably happening anyway. But he was jolted from his thoughts by something bumping his shoulder, and he looked over as Nix spoke. Fil offered back a small smile that didn't quite reach his eyes, and then looked away, down at his winter boots. "It's gonna be a fucking shitshow anyway," he said, trying and likely failing to pretend that he didn't notice and appreciate how much Nix was attempting to make him feel... special or some shit. "I heard the teachers are assholes," he continued after a second, forcing a dismissive tone as if to say that he didn't want to go anyway. "Like even worse than Mr. Sullivan in Grade Six."

i try to picture me without you
© wyatt
PM
^
PHOENIX JACOB TURNER
 Posted: Mar 28 2015, 06:48 PM

fire
tattoo artist
single

YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND
tag filip ♥
”What teachers aren’t?” he asked, eyebrows raised, a smirk playing at his lips. He was trying to keep things light. Barking out a small laugh at the mention of their grade six English teacher. ”I’m still convinced he thought I was a vampire.” the memory making him giggle just a tad more. That had been a good year. Every year had been a good year for the two of them. Because they were together. Now he didn’t really know what to expect.

Phoenix wrapped an arm around the other boy’s shoulders, pulling him to his side, and pressing a chaste kiss to his temple. He’d always been a bit overly affectionate with people. It was something he’d never been particularly good at toning down. He couldn’t help it. He was just a physical sort of person. Some people seemed to hate it, would push him away, or start going off about personal space. But Filip was used to it by now, he was sure. They’d been stuck together like glue for years, dealing with each other’s little quirks and habits. ”Fuck. I’m gonna miss you, Fil.”

No one else knew him quite as well as Filip did. He wasn’t really sure how he’d fare without him by his side. Phoenix wasn’t good at fitting in, particularly. He made a point to defy the entire idea of it. But how was that going to work without his best friend at his side? He didn’t have anyone at the academy. And maybe he was used to shipping off and re-adapting to new environments, new people. But he’d had Filip to keep him grounded for so many years now. He was someone to talk to, to be honest with. And sure, they’d be able to text and skype to keep in touch, but it wouldn’t be the same as having him right there beside him. His partner-in-crime. ”Wish I didn’t have to go.” he mumbled, scuffing his boot against the ground again.

PM
^
FILIP STANIMIR DIMITROV
 Posted: Mar 30 2015, 06:37 PM

HUMAN
CASHIER / SALESPERSON
IN A RELATIONSHIP

"You're totally a vampire, man. Surprised you can even see yourself in the mirror," Filip said, trying to smile in amusement but failing completely. Even joking about their old teachers, something he'd always enjoy doing with Nix, couldn't quite take his mind off of everything. And perhaps he was being overly dramatic; that was what his parents and brother had told him. But it just wasn't fair. Not only did he not get to go to the Academy, where he'd been waiting to go for years now, but he was losing his best friend too in one fell swoop. Nix was going to go off and find new friends and forget all about him. Filip just knew it, no matter what anyone said to the contrary. Filip knew even if he tried hard to believe otherwise.

He blinked in only mild surprise at the sudden close contact and the kiss pressed to his temple, but he was otherwise unaffected. He had known Nix for years, and the strange displays of physical affection, even though completely platonic, were something he'd gotten used to, for the most part. He was less good at reciprocating said physical affection — it just wasn't in his nature for the most part, awkward and bumbling as he was — but he was used to it all the same. Nix's next words, however, made him look down and away, back to his shoes. And he hesitated just a second before bringing up an arm to wrap around his best friend's torso as well, somewhat awkward and clumsy but still holding on tight. "I'm gonna miss you, too," he said quietly. He didn't have many friends, not really, everyone knew that. But he'd always had Nix. Not anymore.

He didn't know what else to say, and for once instead of fumbling around trying to start conversation, he just decided to keep quiet, huddling close to his best friend in the cold. Still looking down, he watched as Nix's boot scuffed at the ground, and he frowned at the words out of the other boy's mouth. It made his eyebrows knit together, not so much in genuine confusion as... concern, perhaps. Nix should have been excited about this, not standing here upset and wishing that he didn't have to go. Filip swallowed hard around the lump in his throat. "You're gonna love it," he said, trying to keep his voice upbeat. It sounded empty and fake even to him, but he kept it up anyway. "I know you're gonna love it. It's gonna be great, dude." He hadn't meant to drag his friend down with him just because he was upset, and he tried to fix it now, offering a small grin. "'Sides, at least you get to go somewhere that's not this shithole of a high school, right?"

© wyatt
PM
^
PHOENIX JACOB TURNER
 Posted: Apr 7 2015, 12:47 AM

fire
tattoo artist
single

YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND
tag filip ♥
The joke was evident, and Phoenix huffed out a small laugh. But even their funny banter and anecdotes about awful teachers weren’t helpful in that moment. Nothing seemed to warrant any sort of cheer from either of them. ”It’s hard, really. I don’t know how I ever get my eyeliner even.” he retorted. He smiled slightly when Filip hugged back. He knew he wasn’t always great with the physical affection that Phoenix himself seemed to house an abundance of. But he was always happy when he tried for him. He deserved more hugs, really. He knew that Filip wasn’t getting that kind of affectionate behavior at home. Or anywhere else. And maybe that was why he was so insistent on it. But who would be here to make sure he knew he was loved now? How was Phoenix supposed to force platonic hugs and kisses on his friend while he was off at some fucking academy up in the mountains that he didn’t even want to attend?

”We’ll text and shit. Right?” Because maybe that was what worried him the most about leaving. That the two of them wouldn’t have each other in reach anymore. Phoenix wouldn’t be able to leave when things got too crowded and claustrophobic and go sit on the Dimitrov’s front porch, recalling ridiculous stories and fucking around with his best friend until he could breathe again. He wouldn’t be there when Filip needed him, either. When those dicks in class tried to push him around because he was smaller, less vocal, a little different. Phoenix had always been there to keep them at bay, punch them in the nose and remind them of their place. Filip was his only real friend. And he wouldn’t get to share this with him.

Yet.

He kept reminding himself. Filip was likely just a late bloomer. These things happened. He’d come into his powers, and he’d come join him at the academy in a year or two. It would be okay, right? It had to be. Phoenix wouldn’t find another friend like Filip anywhere. And he didn’t want to. They’d just have to work with what they had. ”Yeah. Love it. ‘Course I will.” He tried to put on a smile at that. They didn’t need to leave on such sour notes. But he really wasn’t all that excited about going. There was no way in his mind, that he was going to love relocating again. Relearning. Going through the awkward phases of friendlessness he’d long since left-behind after he’d met Filip. Even when they’d had no one else, they’d had each other. ”This shithole, that shithole? What’s the difference?” You’re not there.

PM
^
FILIP STANIMIR DIMITROV
 Posted: Apr 12 2015, 12:28 AM

HUMAN
CASHIER / SALESPERSON
IN A RELATIONSHIP

The joke should have made him laugh, and would have on a good day — maybe it was because he and Nix spent so much damn time together, but the other boy's jokes were always familiar and nice like that, light-hearted and fun — but today wasn't one what he could ever call a good day. He just managed a half-smile instead, taking note of the tiny huff of laughter from his friend. They seemed to be in the same frame of mind, then. It wasn't really a day for laughter. "It's impressive," was all he could think to say, and then he fell silent again, the already small smile on his face shrinking into nothingness after a few seconds.

But he wrapped his one arm tightly around his best friend. Physical affection had never been within his comfort zone, but it was nice this time, and he sighed. He'd miss Nix. That was all he really knew. That, and that it wasn't fair that he was a late bloomer. Did the world just have to be this cruel to him? (The answer was yes. Of course it did.) "'Course we'll text and shit," he huffed, shaking his head as if wondering at the sheer ridiculousness of such a question. "And you can call, too," he said quietly, before rushing to tack on, "If you want, I mean. And if you have time, and shit." He didn't want to sound so needy or clingy as to ask his best friend to call him while he was off at school, making new friends and doing all kinds of impossibly awesome shit. There was nothing cool about that kind of neediness. But god, Filip would hate to be the one to keep calling.

He tried once more to put on a brave face for his friend, hitching a smile onto his face. It would be okay, he kept telling himself. They'd be reunited soon enough; he'd come into his powers within the next couple months, he was sure, and he'd enrol at the Academy mid-semester if he had to. He and Nix would be classmates again. Maybe they wouldn't have the same element (though he hoped that wasn't the case; there was something infinitely cool about Fires), but they'd be in classes and shit together. They'd see each other every day again, have lunch together, get in trouble and wind up laughing their ways to detention together. Soon, he thought desperately. "You will," he confirmed, nodding. "It'll be fun. And just... so fucking cool." The words came out disjointed and awkward (story of Filip's entire existence, really), and he sighed. "The Academy's way better than this shithole, trust me." It was certainly a change from his grumpy criticisms of the Academy from just a few moments ago. But it wasn't like he'd been fooling anyone, anyway — least of all Nix. He knew him too well.

© wyatt
PM
^
PHOENIX JACOB TURNER
 Posted: Apr 19 2015, 12:41 AM

fire
tattoo artist
single

YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND
tag filip ♥
He couldn’t help but laugh just a bit. He knew this wasn’t a particularly happy occasion, and that neither one of them were excited about what was about to happen when the bus eventually arrived. But the fact that Filip ever doubted their friendship, even in times like this, was particularly ridiculous. After all these years, you’d think he’d understand. But that was Filip. He would never know just how much he was needed by the people who loved him. If he even realized who those people were at all. ”I’ve always got time for you, asshole.” Phoenix hugged him closer to his side. ”You’re my best friend, Fil. Going to this bullshit school doesn’t change that.”

He hated that Filip always needed reminding. Not because it inconvenienced him or anything. Phoenix had no problem repeating himself. But the fact that he never really seemed to understand how much he cared made him feel like he wasn’t doing his job right sometimes. He was falling short as a best friend. And going away to this school in the fucking mountains of B.F.E. wasn’t about to help at all.

”Fun my ass.” he scoffed under his breath. It wasn’t like being quiet was hiding any of his words, though. Filip was right there. And even though he could fucking see, hear, feel how much his friend was trying to be in good spirits for him. He found it hard to believe a word he said. It would never be any fun without him. At least it didn’t feel that way now. ”Says who? Your shitty brother?” Phoenix raised an eyebrow. It didn’t matter what kind of magical fucking place the stupid academy was supposed to be. He didn’t care. He’d never asked for this shit. Getting uprooted again, starting over, being separated from the one person he’d always counted on to understand him. It wasn’t going to be fun.

PM
^
FILIP STANIMIR DIMITROV
 Posted: Apr 21 2015, 04:08 PM

HUMAN
CASHIER / SALESPERSON
IN A RELATIONSHIP

He shifted uncomfortably where he stood, not really sure what Nix was laughing at. Years and years of being the awkward kid in the class had taught him that this usually happened when he said something completely stupid. But all became clear with his best friend's next words, and admittedly, Filip realized, he had said something completely stupid. But Nix's words were a reassurance, they always were. And he let his best friend pull him in closer, a small smile appearing on his face. "I know that," he said, somewhat sheepish. tightening his arm's hold around the other boy. "I know, I just... I'm gonna miss you. Who the fuck'm I supposed to skip class with now?" He tried to make it sound lighter and more spirited than it was, but he was going to miss his best friend. They'd been in the same class for years and years now. High school without him was rough, and now he wouldn't even be close at hand for Filip to invite over after school or have impromptu lunch with or get dragged out of school by and wind up in detention with later, or... anything. This fucking sucked.

"It will," he said stubbornly, but he knew that Nix was telling the truth, whether or not Filip would have agreed with him. He wouldn't have wanted to go either, if he had to go without Nix. But they didn't get to make these choices. Life had dealt them this fucking hand, and they were going to have to put up with it whether they wanted to or not. "Says who? Your shitty brother?" He didn't respond, not to confirm (they both knew it had been his brother) or to defend his brother against the insult (Filip knew it'd only be a half-assed defence). Nix could read between the lines, anyway. They'd known each other for long enough. Instead he went quiet, looking down at their boots on the snowy ground. Finally, he huffed quietly. "Yeah, maybe... Whatever. I wish I could go with you." Soon, he would get to go soon, he kept telling himself. But there was an edge of fear and apprehension in his voice. What if he would never get to go? What if his powers never showed up, and he was stuck here forever, plain old boring Filip? Nix would get bored of him eventually, he was sure; he was going to make way cooler friends at the Academy. And then where would Filip be? The whole fucking idea scared him.

© wyatt
PM
^
PHOENIX JACOB TURNER
 Posted: Apr 26 2015, 12:30 PM

fire
tattoo artist
single

YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND
tag filip ♥
The small smile and sheepish words as he pulled him tighter was enough to put Phoenix’s mind somewhat at ease. Maybe Filip didn’t have anyone else to confide in, or who understood him quite the same way, but he had Nix. And he’d be damned if he was going to let him forget that, even if he was going away. They’d still have each other. Just not always in immediate reach. ”Yeah, I know. Gonna miss you, too. Could skip with Stevens, but he’d probably try and get you to smoke pot in the boy’s room with him.” It was meant to be a joke, but it just came out sounding disappointed. They were supposed to be partners in crime. They'd never really needed anyone else because they’d always had each other to lean on, to play off of. Now they didn’t even have that. Sure they’d stay in touch, but it wouldn’t be the same.

”Yeah. Sure.” the argument wasn’t worth it. Phoenix didn’t want to fight with him over this, even if he was sure that Filip was dead wrong. That he was building this stupid isolated boarding school up to be something far more desirable than it actually was. It didn’t matter if it was amazing, or a total shithole. He still didn’t want to go without Filip. And yet, here they were, waiting for a fucking bus so Phoenix could go and leave his best friend to their shitty high school, with all their shitty classmates. And all he could think about was how he couldn’t protect his friend they way he usually did from the stupid academy he’d be stuck at. ”I wish you could, too, Fil.” he huffed out a sigh, resting his head against his friend’s. ”Soon, though, yeah?” He was just a late bloomer. One of these days really soon he’d be joining Phoenix and it would all be okay again. They just had to remember that.

PM
^
FILIP STANIMIR DIMITROV
 Posted: Apr 27 2015, 10:15 PM

HUMAN
CASHIER / SALESPERSON
IN A RELATIONSHIP

He wrinkled his nose at the mention of Stevens. “All he ever wants to do is smoke pot,” he said, sighing dejectedly. Besides, Stevens was a douchebag, and most of his interactions with people involved trying to convince them to buy him more pot. Filip could definitely not afford that. “And he keeps trying to convince me to steal my dad’s booze,” he continued, noting the disappointed tone in Nix’s voice and trying his best to ignore it. But it was a punch to the gut, honestly. There was nothing Filip could do to make it better this time. There was nothing Filip would be able to do, period, if Nix needed anything while he was at school. And it wasn’t fucking fair. He kind of wanted to cry and scream and throw something. But he was trying to train himself to stay collected. He could do it. He could become good at it, he knew he could.

Nix let the subject drop, but Filip knew that he hadn’t really convinced him. He doubted he could, no matter what he said. But it was okay. Nix was going to get on that bus and go to the Academy and see that Filip was right — the Academy was better, it was fun, there were way cooler people than Filip there, people who would make Nix forget all about him back at their old fucking public high school. “Soon,” he agreed when the reminder came. “By next year, for sure. Or maybe they’ll let me enroll halfway through a semester if my powers show up at a bad time, yeah?” There was no bad time for his powers to surface, though. Fil would accept anything right about now. He raised a gloved hand, flexing his fingers as if half-expecting something to happen when he did. But there was nothing, of course. “And then we can show ‘em what they’ve been missing.” They were the fucking dream team. They were just being split up for a little while. That was all.

© wyatt
PM
^
PHOENIX JACOB TURNER
 Posted: Apr 30 2015, 09:29 PM

fire
tattoo artist
single

YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND
tag filip ♥
”It’s all he ever does period. He fuckin’ reeks.” he made a face. Stevens wasn’t even that bad. A decent guy if you got passed the excessive pot smoking and inherently criminal behavior. It wasn’t like Phoenix was any better than him on a lot of fronts. And maybe that was why he wasn’t a fan of his own stupid joke in that moment. The thought of Stevens, or anyone like him, taking his place… No, he didn’t want to imagine it. Being pulled out of the picture by this stupid mandatory academy attendance was bad enough. But being forgotten, that would kill him. And he knew it was stupid, just insecurities toying with him. No one could manifest the friendship he and Filip had over night. Certainly not Stevens. ”Tell him I said to fuck right off if he asks again.” he looked out across the lot at a bus for Vancouver boarding. His own bus would show up soon enough. And the closer it got to departure time, the more antsy he seemed to be. New places always did that to him. But somehow this was even worse.

”Before you know it, Fil.” Phoenix gave a decisive nod, not bothering to really think of the logistics of it all. The details of how it happened hardly mattered. Filip’s powers would show up soon, and he’d join him at the Academy and things would go back to normal again. They wouldn’t have to deal with the distance for long. He just had to remember that. To keep reminding Filip. This was only temporary. And he wasn’t going to let it ruin the friendship they’d spent the last nine years building. They’d had each other’s backs for too long, it would have been stupid to give that up now. Even with the physical distance. ”They won’t know what’s hit ‘em.” he smirked. The two of them together… No one ever knew what to do with them.

PM
^
FILIP STANIMIR DIMITROV
 Posted: May 2 2015, 04:57 PM

HUMAN
CASHIER / SALESPERSON
IN A RELATIONSHIP

He nodded his agreement. “It’s fucking gross, fuck ‘im.” It wasn’t like Filip had anything against pot or people who smoked it, not at all. He was a kid in high school, and it was more or less expected. But Stevens was particularly obnoxious about it, and the thought that he might have to spend the rest of his high school career hanging out with that idiot… well, that didn’t sound good at all. But he wouldn’t, he reminded himself. Soon he’d be joining Nix. “I dunno if he’ll be scared of you when you’re not actually around anymore,” he said before he could stop himself, and then he realized how that sounded. He didn’t want Nix to think he was blaming him, no matter how much Filip resented the whole situation itself. And he quickly added, “Guess you’ll just have to come visit, yeah?” It sounded much more hollow than he’d intended.

His gaze followed Nix’s over to where the bus to Vancouver was boarding. As he watched, the bus driver got on behind everyone else and shut the door. They’d be leaving soon, he thought. And then he was going to watch the bus to the Academy doing the exact same thing, with Nix on it. Fuck. He tore his thoughts away from this, trying to focus on his best friend’s words. “Yeah,” he agreed, “‘M’just… impatient.” He laughed as if saying that he knew it was stupid. And he did, he really did. Fussing about the whole thing wasn’t going to make things any better. Wishing for it wouldn’t make it happen any sooner. But he was just trying to hold onto his hope that it would happen soon. The alternative was too fucking painful. “Try not to have too much fun before I get there, yeah?” It was a stupid and counteractive thing to say, he knew it. He wanted Nix to enjoy himself. But he also wanted Nix to remember him. They’d been friends for years now. That meant more than some fuckers at a stupid school somewhere, right?

© wyatt
PM
^
PHOENIX JACOB TURNER
 Posted: May 4 2015, 10:16 PM

fire
tattoo artist
single

YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND
tag filip ♥
He winced slightly at the words. He knew Filip wasn’t trying to make a dig at him, just stating a fact. But he had already realized just how alone his best friend was going to be with him gone. Granted, Phoenix would be just as alone himself. But Phoenix knew how to take care of himself, to keep people in line. Filip wasn’t that kind of person. He was too nice, too much of a pushover. People would walk all over him if Nix wasn’t around to put them back in their place. And the thought that he wouldn’t be, that Filip was on his own now… It kind of stung. ”Anyone fucks with you, I’ll drag my ass back here and personally kick their teeth in.” And Phoenix meant it. He’d be on the first bus back to Maple Hollow the second he suspected anything was wrong. Because Filip was that important. He always would be.

He couldn’t help but hug his friend a little tighter to his side at the thought of getting on that bus alone. He didn’t want to say goodbye. Fuck. He was terrible with goodbyes. ”Yeah, I know. But they’ll come.” he reassured with a nod. Obviously no one was completely sure of that fact, but Phoenix had confidence in his best friend. And though he wouldn’t say it out loud and risk making him think he doubted him in any way, he’d still be there if Filip’s powers never showed. ”Fun? Without you? What kind of crack are you on, Fil?” he pressed his forehead against the side of Filip’s head, grinning to himself. ”Won’t be any fun without you.”

PM
^
FILIP STANIMIR DIMITROV
 Posted: May 6 2015, 07:19 PM

HUMAN
CASHIER / SALESPERSON
IN A RELATIONSHIP

“I’ll tell ‘em that,” he said quietly, trying to sound happy about it. But he wasn’t, not really. He didn’t want to have to depend on someone who was going to be a whole bus ride away. But even more than that, he didn’t want that to be all that was left of their friendship, even if it was a big part of it as it stood now. He didn’t want Nix to go off and forget about him, only to return when he thought Filip needed protection. He wanted Nix to still be his best friend. And the thought that this might change stung enough to push him into blurting out, “You’re not my bodyguard.” And he flushed immediately, stammering, “I didn’t mean, like… I just —” Damn it, now he was fucking everything up. “Just come visit sometime. Just because,” he pleaded gently, chancing a glance at his best friend. Filip didn’t know what he was doing. But the world was spinning, and he couldn’t seem to get his footing.

But how do you know? he wanted to ask, because truthfully it was something that came up in his mind every so often, the shitty voice that he tried not to listen to. It didn’t always work, but usually he was able to force it down, ignore the part of him that wondered if maybe his powers really never would come in. It was bad enough he was a fucking late bloomer; he didn’t need to consider the absurd possibility that he wasn’t even an elemental at all. His mom was one of the Council’s Enforcers, for fuck’s sake. “Yeah. Yeah, I know,” he agreed instead, nodding vehemently, trying to make himself believe it far more than he was trying to convince Nix. “Soon…” But he was soon distracted by the next words, and he laughed quietly. “You don’t know that,” he pointed out, because it was true; Nix had no idea how much fun he might or might not have at the Academy. “Try to have a little fun, yeah?” He grinned, elbowing Nix gently in the ribs but letting him lean his forehead against him. “I mean, it could be a while. Should enjoy it as much as you can.” He was sending a million confusing, mixed messages right now, and he knew it, but he couldn’t seem to stop.

© wyatt
PM
^
PHOENIX JACOB TURNER
 Posted: May 8 2015, 12:08 AM

fire
tattoo artist
single

YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND
tag filip ♥
Phoenix felt his stomach drop, face draining of color at the words, even as Filip tried to backpedal. Was that really what he was? A bodyguard? He tried to be so much more than that. A real friend. Someone Filip could count on. And he knew he wasn’t always that great at it. He fucked up. He didn’t always know how to be there, or to articulate what he felt. He had always tried, though. And maybe he played the protector a lot, but it was only because he cared. ”I- I know I’m not, Fil… I just. Sorry.” he stared down at his feet, not really knowing what to think. ”I will… I was always gonna. Can’t miss our movie nights and shit, right?” he tried to sound a bit lighter about it, hoped it came across as such. The last thing he wanted to do was leave here feeling worse than he already would just having to go.

He rolled his eyes, letting out a huff. ”I know enough.” He didn’t have to know what the academy would be like. He knew that Filip had always been glued to his side during all his antics. And the idea of not having him there with him now was downright depressing. ”Yeah, sure, Fil. I’ll try.” he kissed the side of his head again. The wishy washy requests would have been confusing, but Phoenix liked to think he understood what his friend meant. Could hear the underlying ”Just don’t forget about me.” in his words. He wouldn’t, though. As easy as it could be at times, to leave things behind you when you started over, Phoenix knew there were some things that transcended that. His friendship with Filip would always be that way. ”It’s not gonna be that great without you, though.”

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

affiliates

SKINNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR CTTC BY TAYLOR & STARK