New Poll

letting people down is my thing, iggy / sparky ♥
ADDIE JADE COOPER
 Posted: Apr 26 2015, 11:00 PM

WIND
STUDENT / CLEANER
SINGLE

if i spilled my gutsthe world would never look at you the same way

She didn’t like Iggy Thorsen, but she liked his wallet. Well, she’d never seen his wallet (okay, she’d seen it once when he’d taken it out in English class) but she had a feeling that she’d like it, judging by the designer clothing and the pretentious as fuck attitude that could only come from a childhood of being spoiled rotten. It was probably a very nice wallet stuffed with enough fucking money to feed her whole family of ten (Rodney and Leslie were not included), and Addie could appreciate that. But she still wasn’t a fan of the person who owned said wallet, so she’d half-contemplated ending the phone call then and there. Iggy likely knew that she thought he was a little fucking bitch, too.

But Addie also rarely passed up opportunities to, a) learn new things about people, and http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/cool.gif scam some motherfuckers for money. So she was glad she’d heard him out anyway, because she came away from the call with two things. The first was the very strong likelihood that Iggy Thorsen was gay, or at least not straight (there could be other reasons for his needing an “alibi,” but those were far less likely). The second was the opportunity to milk this for everything she could. And, knowing the probable state of Iggy’s wallet, that was a lot. She got dressed with ridiculous speed, tugging out one of her nicer dresses and the new heels Belle had bought her during their last shopping trip, taking out her cartilage piercings but poking fancier dangly earrings through her lobes on the way out the door.

Thorsen was probably the kind of pretentious motherfucker who thought people always looked better natural, or some bullshit, so she went for nice but understated. That seemed like a plausible look for a girl that he would date, she was pretty sure, though she couldn’t say she knew him well enough to say for sure. And half an hour later, just as she’d predicted, Addie stepped off of the bus and made the short walk to the restaurant. This was going to be trying, but it wasn’t like she hadn’t put up with far more irritating people. At least Iggy would be in on this trick; it was far easier than also having to fool the person she was dating. And she walked in, shaking her head at the waitstaff and indicating the easily-spotted blonde to tell them that her date was there.

He hadn’t told her much about what he wanted apart from, probably, not-having-a-penis, so she decided to play it safe, biting her lip as if nervous when she walked up to him and his group of friends, reaching out a hand to touch his arm gently to get his attention. “Hi, Iggy.” She offered the group a shy smile before turning back to her supposed date for the evening. “Sorry I’m late, I got stuck babysitting later than I thought.” None of them knew her, but Addie liked to check off all the right boxes — the best lie was a plausible one. And for her, babysitting was very plausible.

and now i'm here to give you all my love so i can watch your face as i take it all away away away if heaven's grief brings hell's rain then i'd trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday i know i'm bad news for just one yesterday i saved it all for you i want to teach you a lesson in the worst kind of way still i'd trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday i know i'm bad news for just one yesterday i saved it all for you for just one yesterday
PM
^
VIGGO IVAR THORSEN IV
 Posted: Apr 29 2015, 07:30 PM

earth
rich bitch
single

WASTE OF PRECIOUS BREATH
tag addie ♥
let the shenanigans begin!!
Iggy was kind of freaking the fuck out right now. Breathing was a challenge. And of course, he had to be having this crisis in a cramped bathroom stall at a ridiculous expensive restaurant. He’d tried for years to ignore his own sexuality. To change it. Forced himself on dates with girls, all ending in the same disastrous ways he always anticipated. It just wasn’t him. And of course, the only thing he got for going after what he wanted, was stuck. Crammed between a rock and a hard place. Placing all his faith in a girl who hated him to come and save the day. He still wasn’t sure she had any intention to show up, and he kind of felt like he was going to be sick.

He let the nausea pass. And after a moment he reached a shaky hand down to unlock the stall door. He stopped to wash his hands, splash the cold water onto his face, and then dry himself off neatly with a hand towel before he side-stepped out the restroom door and out into the open again. It didn’t take but seconds for John to recognize him from across the room. He’d been dating his sister for maybe a month (it likely wouldn’t last much longer), but Iggy knew they looked too alike, there was no way he’d miss him, even in the dimly lit restaurant.

A forced smile plastered on his face, Iggy stepped towards the group of boys. He knew a few of them from classes. Some simply from around campus. But all of them enough to know that they also knew who he was. And that he had been right to immediately abandon his intended date if he wanted to keep this secret under wraps. Christopher would likely never speak to him again, but it wasn’t like the two of them were soulmates. They would both move on without heartache. ”Hey, boys. Celebrating?” he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his slacks.

He let them go on about their recent debate team victory for awhile, laughing idly along with the stories he didn’t find particularly funny in that instance. He was too fucking nervous to be amused. And despite his desire to keep himself calm and collected, he might’ve jumped slightly when they questioned why he was there. He just hoped no one else noticed. ”On a date. Or well. She’s running late.” he sheepishly looked down at his shoes, but John seemed to take the bait and clapped him on the shoulder, grinning with an easy ”Good on ya, Iggy.” He kind of couldn’t believe this was working.

It was a bit later, the conversation lulling as the boys started their meals, that Addie showed up, fingers grazing his arm. He turned quickly at the mention of his name. ”Don’t be silly, it’s fine, really.” he said almost instinctually, staring at her in her dress and elegant getup. It was nicer than he could ever recall seeing her. And maybe if he’d been straight, he would have been interested. But he wasn’t. He was just relieved that his excuse was here. ”You look stunning, by the way.” it was added as an afterthought. Schmoozing was always his strong point. Maybe his only one.

PM
^
ADDIE JADE COOPER
 Posted: May 1 2015, 12:38 AM

WIND
STUDENT / CLEANER
SINGLE

Iggy looked downright unnerved by the whole situation, or perhaps Addie just thought he did because just half an hour ago she’d been talking him into leaving the bathroom and going to meet his friends. Either way, she was glad that he didn't seem too startled; that one would have been harder to explain. She supposed it made sense to be a little nervous about the whole thing. She’d give him that. Having his sexuality at risk of being revealed like that couldn't be fun — she’d watched some guys have complete fucking breakdowns over this before. But Iggy wasn't shaking, or jumping when she walked up to him unannounced, or looking like he was about to burst into tears. So that was a good start, she supposed.

“I still feel bad,” she said, lying through her teeth and playing up the shy, innocent act, blinking slowly. She had nothing to feel bad about, at least in terms of showing up late. It was fucking Iggy Thorsen's fault for calling her last minute from the fucking shelter of a bathroom stall. He should have just been more prepared, really. Maple Hollow was a small city and he should have been prepared for someone to spot him on his date tonight. Typical dumb rich boy, he probably hadn't even thought of that. But then, not everyone was as… prepared as Addie was.

She brushed the thought off, smiling and looking down as if embarrassed at the compliment. “Thank you,” she said softly, pausing a moment before looking back up. “You look pretty amazing, yourself.” And he did look pretty fucking sharp, she had to admit (albeit grudgingly). He’d clearly intended to look nice for whoever his actual date had been, and it had worked. The word cute came to mind, but she avoided it for the time being. That was probably emasculating and shit, decidedly not something desirable when he was trying to convince people he was fucking straight. “Are these your friends?” she asked, looking back at the other boys at the table, offering them all smiles in turn. God, more fucking pretentious rich boys, she was sure. What were they even doing here? Didn't they have a country club to sit around at and bitch about their maids?

and now i'm here to give you all my love so i can watch your face as i take it all away away away if heaven's grief brings hell's rain then i'd trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday i know i'm bad news for just one yesterday i saved it all for you i want to teach you a lesson in the worst kind of way still i'd trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday i know i'm bad news for just one yesterday i saved it all for you for just one yesterday
PM
^
VIGGO IVAR THORSEN IV
 Posted: May 3 2015, 10:06 PM

earth
rich bitch
single

WASTE OF PRECIOUS BREATH
tag addie ♥
Hiding was easy for him. So long as no one dug too deep, asked too many question, Iggy could keep his secrets close to his chest. He knew the parts of him that weren’t allowed to see the light of day around familiar faces. Hiding didn’t hurt anyone. Except perhaps himself. It was the blatant lying that grated him the wrong way, made his stomach turn. Iggy wasn’t a liar. He didn’t like having to be one, even if he knew the alternative was much worse. The truth wouldn’t just make him queasy, it would shatter the life he knew completely. ”Don’t worry about it, honestly. You’re here now, aren’t you?” he did his best to come off as relaxed, comfortable with the girl who before tonight he’d never even directly spoken to before.

At the compliment he shrugged modestly, looking down at his shoes and back up at her in the same way he would have if his grandmother was telling him he looked particularly handsome at Christmas dinner. No one else had to know that it was all an act. ”Thanks.” he murmured, playing into the bashful side of his personality, as if he didn’t quite believe it (Iggy knew he looked good, he worked hard at it after all). John was giving him some strange look. Like he expected to hear the details of this endeavor later. Iggy ignored it for now. ”I don’t know if I’d call them friends.” he teased in a light tone, grinning at the boys around the table. But, really, it was the truth. Iggy knew most of these boys didn’t talk to him, invite him around because they simply liked the kind of person he was. No, they didn’t want to be friends with him, just his bank account, and perhaps his family’s reputation. He didn’t have to be a genius to figure it out.

”We should go, though. Don’t want to lose our table.” Iggy tentatively placed a hand on the small of her back, pointing to the table for two across the floor where Christopher and himself had been perusing menus before the fiasco that was his evening had started. He pulled out a chair for her, going through the same motions as he had once already. But this time the smile wasn’t nervous and giddy because some pretty boy was sitting across from him, playing footsie. Instead it was forced, and stiff, all business. Because that’s what this was. Business. ”Thanks for showing up.”

PM
^
ADDIE JADE COOPER
 Posted: May 4 2015, 08:00 PM

WIND
STUDENT / CLEANER
SINGLE

Iggy was nervous. She could practically fucking smell the nerves in the air, feel the nervous twitch, even though it may not have been really happening at all; she could just feel it. Luckily, it wasn’t too out of the ordinary to be nervous on a real date, she supposed. She’d observed it in her friends and older siblings and just other kids at school. She’d never really been on a date with someone she actually liked, though. But she doubted most people could tell the difference between “first date” nerves and “fake date” nerves. So she could make this work, even if Iggy was a fucking mess right now. “I wouldn’t miss it, promise,” she said, biting her lip as if incredibly nervous herself, smiling at him up through her eyelashes.

The cute, shy, bashful act was fucking ridiculous — on both his part and hers. But it also came easily to her, and it seemed to be working, judging by the looks on the other boys’ faces. Addie was more than willing to compromise her personality for this bullshit. She was relieved that Iggy at least seemed to be fucking capable of acting, himself. But she was also starting to figure out exactly what she could get out of him for this performance. “Well, they seem nice,” she said easily, smiling at the group. She wasn’t sure how genuine his statement had been — he’d called them “friends” on the phone with her — but it never hurt to play nice.

It was good, nevertheless, when he suggested they go to their table, and she nodded, leaning back into the touch when she felt the somewhat hesitant hand on her back. “It was nice to meet you,” she said to the group, still playing nice and polite, before letting him lead her to their table and pull out her chair for her. At least he knew what he was doing. “Thanks.” It was said in the same quiet, shy voice. Addie was on auto-pilot mode. But that kind of ended once they were actually seated; the only thing that remained was the polite smile, small but fixed on her face. “Like I said, Iggy,” she said, her tone still pleasant, but certainly lacking the giggly, nervous, affectionate quality it’d had just a second ago, “wouldn’t miss it.” She watched him for a second, amused smile on her lips, raising her eyebrows. “Nervous?”

PM
^
VIGGO IVAR THORSEN IV
 Posted: May 7 2015, 10:04 PM

earth
rich bitch
single

WASTE OF PRECIOUS BREATH
tag addie ♥
His entire life was an act in some aspects. Iggy was used to pretending, putting on a mask to hide the parts of him he didn’t want seen. But that didn’t mean he liked it, or appreciated having to add to the masquerade. He was dressed up enough in someone else’s clothes as it was. ”They’re just being polite, aren’t you boys?” the playful grin stayed on his face, and a few of them answered with smiles and dumb comments of their own. Iggy hardly heard them over the fucking pounding of his heart taking over his ears. He just kept smiling, laughing when it seemed appropriate. It was all he could really think to do.

Getting away from that table was the best decision he could have made. He was still terrified, but it was decidedly easier to relax (even if the tension in his shoulders wouldn’t unwind) without the group of boys close enough to catch every little ounce of awkward, nervous behavior. Surely some level of nerves would be expected on a first date. But there was a line that was easily crossed. And Iggy was certain he was toeing it rather dangerously in that moment. He didn’t want to see what would happen when he stumbled over it.

Though sitting across from Addie was decidedly no less terrifying once they’d settled into their seats.

Holy shit. The way she smiled at him was frightening in and of itself. Iggy had half a mind to think he’d made an even bigger mistake by calling her than he had by going out at all that evening. It felt like she was waiting for him to fuck up, for things to start falling apart, so she could kick her feet up and watch the show. He certainly didn’t feel like she was there to help him, even if she had helped so far. Iggy couldn’t shake the sinking feeling that this wasn’t going to end well. And if it wasn’t by Addie’s hand, then some other unforeseen disaster.

He reached for his glass of water, suddenly feeling like he couldn’t swallow. ”What gave it away?” Without the act of innocence she was much more intimidating. As if this whole situation wasn’t daunting enough. Iggy tried to keep his eyes trained on her, face still forcing pleasantries because he knew they were watching. He only had to last as long as their meals did. As soon as they left, this could be over, the facade could drop, and Iggy could get the hell out of here. Next time he should just insist all his dates take place at a gay club. It would eliminate this uncertain part of sneaking around at least. ”How much is this going to cost me?”

PM
^
ADDIE JADE COOPER
 Posted: May 8 2015, 10:10 PM

WIND
STUDENT / CLEANER
SINGLE

Teenage boys were sheep. Addie had figured this out a long time ago, but she knew it best when she looked at them in a group like this now. It didn’t matter whether they were the teenage boys from her own neighbourhood or these rich brats with their Fossil watches and Prada sunglasses. They flocked in groups together driven by their own stupid hormones and trying to impress one another. And these boys were no different. But luckily, they were also easy like that; winning them over was a matter of batting her eyelashes and smiling vapidly. Either way, she was glad to get away from their table. She may have thought Iggy was a pretentious fucking douchebag, but better one than five (or even two) of them.

“Oh, nothing,” she answered, smile fixed on her face still. “Sure you’re not about to throw up?” She doubted he really would; if nothing else, he seemed to have more composure than that. The prissy rich white boys tended to, though. And she supposed that hiding his sexual orientation would have contributed, too. He had to be at least somewhat versed with lying. But she paused for a second at his next question before finally answering, “That depends exactly what you need.” She resisted the urge to glance over her shoulder at where his friends were still sitting. While she doubted they were looking at them, it would be suspicious. Besides, part of her was enjoying watching Iggy sweat nervously. She’d start him off easy, though. “You can start by getting dinner. And I hear this place has those fancy desserts.” She hadn’t just heard it; she knew it for a fact. But those were details.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

affiliates

SKINNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR CTTC BY TAYLOR & STARK